It can sometimes feel like eggs are the only thing you can have for breakfast when following a Paleo or Primal diet (apart from bacon that is!).
Here’s a lifeline for you… simple Paleo granola. It really is easy to make – it only takes about 40 minutes in total and it tastes great with greek yogurt (more Primal than Paleo I know!) and chopped apple, blueberries, etc….
Preheat your oven to about 200C.
Put the following ingredients in to a bowl…
- About one and a half cups of almond flour. I used 1 100g bag from Waitrose, but it is actually better if you make your own almond flour (it’s not so fine and makes the granola even crunchier!)
- About 2 cups of chopped almonds.
- Quarter to half a cup of sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Half a cup to a cup of coconut flakes.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Roughly half a cup of grapeseed oil.
- Half a cup of honey.
You really don’t need to be exact with the measurements, just go with what feels right and what you fancy!
Place the mixture on a baking tray and put in the oven.
After 10 and 20 minutes take out of the oven and run a fork through the mixture so it doesn’t burn and cooks evenly.
After 25 to 30 minutes take out of the oven and leave to cool down…. again, make sure you run a fork through it every now and again, otherwise you’ll end up with very clumpy granola!
I keep our granola in a sealed cereal container, and it should last for a least a week (but it never does… as we get through it very quickly!).